Children, ages 5 to 7
Children who participate in this activity will be able to:
• Identify a variety of healthy snacks
• Prepare an easy, healthy snack
• As an activity opener, children learn about healthy snacks, using the
Grab Quick & Easy Snacks poster.
• Children make and taste a simple snack (a raw vegetable, crackers, and low-fat
yogurt dip) shown on the Grab Quick & Easy Snacks poster, then talk about smart
• Each child receives an Eat Smart. Play Hard.™ Power
• Each child receives the family
Snacks, Snacking Is Fun and
Nutritious, and the Grab Quick
& Easy Snacks brochure.
Snack Smart!Lesson Plan 1zycnzj.com/ www.zycnzj.com
Before you teach the lesson:
• Download the Power Panther songs to play at the start of the lesson.
• Display the Grab Quick & Easy Snacks poster.
• Order enough Eat Smart. Play Hard.™ Power Panther stickers and the
Grab Quick & Easy Snacks parent brochure to share with each child.
• Gather ingredients and utensils for making a simple snack shown on
the poster:* baby carrots, whole-wheat crackers, 8 ounces plain
low-fat yogurt, one package dry soup mix, mixing spoon, bowl, and
napkins. Children should wash their hands before the lesson since
they will touch the food.
• Make copies of the two-page family handouts Super Good-for-You
Snacks and Snacking Is Fun and Nutritious to share with each child.
*Option: Offer a different snack than shown on the poster.
The images for the Eat Smart. Play Hard.™ materials (poster, clip art, and parent
brochure) are available on-line:
The Power Panther songs are available at:
Snack Smart!Lesson Plan 2zycnzj.com/ www.zycnzj.com
Background Information for Leaders
Use this information to guide your snack activities with