Cub Scout Pack 11
Winter Camping Trip - Forest Hill Park
February 2-3, 2008
This is the second camping trip for the entire pack this year. We will be camping at
Forest Hill Park in Cleveland Heights. Our camp will be setup by the pavilions located
off the Forest Hills Boulevard park entrance. This camping trip will be supported by Boy
Scout Troop 179 and they will provide a field kitchen for meal preparation.
The goals for this camping trip are (in order):
1) A safe and fun camping experience for all scouts and families
2) Award of cold weather camping patch to cub scouts
3) Progress towards completion of badge requirements for scouts
See Appendix A for directions to the park and a detailed weekend activity schedule.
See Appendix B for an overall Cub Scout Pack 11 organizational table
See Appendix C for a list of individual gear to bring to the camp out
See Appendix D for a list of basic rules while on the camp out
1) For each day of the camp out, there will be a “Leader of the Day” (LOD) who is the
adult in charge of the pack and the pack's liaison with the Beaumont Camp Master.
The LOD is your go-to person for help and guidance during the weekend. When you
arrive at Camp Beaumont, please check-in with the LOD so he can get you orientated
and start you off on the right foot. When you check-out for the weekend, please notify
the LOD so we don’t think you’re lost or missing.
LOD for Saturday, February 2 - John Moosbrugger, Steve Bopple
LOD for Sunday, February 3 - Eric Toivonen, Jeffery Gifford
The LOD is also responsible for making sure the campsite is maintained in a safe and
clean manner. The LOD will always treat the scouts and families with respect and
dignity, please do the same.
2) The cost of the camp out is _____ per person (_____ max per family). You can
bring cash or pay with a check. When you arrive and check-in with the LOD, please
pay at that time.
3) You must camp with a tent. A three season tent should suffice, there is no need to