Chapter 6: Sales Productivity
CHAPTER 6: SALES PRODUCTIVITY
Actively participating during this lesson helps you:
• Understand the type of information that you can analyze in Microsoft
• Use the Advanced Find function to locate customers that meet
specified criteria, save queries, and create reports
• Use Sales information to review potential opportunities to forecast
revenue and analyze sales productivity
• Manage Customer Lists and execute a Quick Campaign
This lesson discusses additional features in Microsoft® CRM that are used to
analyze the data that is captured in the system. The Advanced Find function is
used to run queries against the data to view information in various formats. The
lesson also looks at marketing lists and quick campaigns.
Microsoft CRM Sales Management
Evaluating Customer Data
You can view a subset of the records in your system by using the Find and
Advanced Find features in Microsoft CRM to locate records that match your
specified criteria. From the resulting list, you can:
• View the details of any record.
• Run reports on all or selected records in the list.
• Export the list to Microsoft® Excel or to a mail merge in Microsoft®
If you have the security privileges to do so, perform actions on
selected records, such as sharing the record, or sending e-mail.
When you perform a full name search, such as when you search for a customer,
user or contact, both Find and Advanced Find support the asterisk ( * ) as a
FIGURE 6-1: EVALUATING CUSTOMER DATA
A Sales Representative uses the Advanced Find to analyze information regarding
customers. On a monthly basis, the following information is located using new
and saved queries.
• Set up a recurring meeting for customers with a certain sales amount
per month, quarterly for customers with less.
• See which customers are receiving quotes and not making purchases.
• Create reminders (tasks) to follow up.