T:\Web site - General\staging\cs job desc for org chart\District Math Specialist.doc
Page 1 of 4
GLEN ELLYN SCHOOL DISTRICT 41
GLEN ELLYN, ILLINOIS
District Math Specialist
Assistant Superintendent for
Teaching, Learning and
The District Math Specialist is responsible for students’ attainment of math skills.
ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP SKILLS
• Holds and communicates a clear vision for success.
• Focuses on and is knowledgeable about teaching and learning.
• Ensures an inclusive and caring culture.
Involves all stakeholders.
• Demonstrates ethical behavior.
• Understands the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context of learning.
• Ensures continuous improvement and performance excellence using Baldrige criteria.
LEADERSHIP, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Leaders in District 41 are expected to demonstrate seven general leadership abilities:
Servant Leadership: To improve life for others, leaders:
Model integrity through a commitment to our shared core values. They have a clear understanding and
knowledge of their own personal purpose, values, and vision. They have courage and take purposeful
action. They are committed to aligning their actions to serve the greater good. They recognize the
dignity and worth of all human beings.
Vision: To inspire others to an ideal future, leaders:
Paint a big picture of the ideal for their area of the organization that others can see and understand. This
personal vision must become a shared vision among stakeholders in order to be effective in moving the
organization forward. They are committed to the District 41 vision and strategic initiatives. Vision is
T:\Web site - General\staging\cs job desc for org chart\District Math Speci