<p>Page 1 of 20
Table of Local Bankruptcy Rule Changes Effective Jan 5, 2009
NOTE AND DISCLAIMER:
The table was prepared by court staff to act as a starting point to help you identify changes in
Local Bankruptcy Rules (LBR). It does not restate LBR provisions that remain the same.
The comments in this table may not be relied upon as legal advice for the facts of any
particular situation and are not a substitute for your own study of the LBR.
Please consult a bankruptcy attorney if you have questions.
Clarity Improved by Adding Subheadings and Conforming to National Numbering
System: For example see: LBR on Motion for Examination under FRBP 2004, Reaffirmation
Agreements, OSC re Contempt, Discovery & Adversary Proceedings. Many other topics are
now numbered to correspond to related FRBP and other numbers consistent with courts in
Items Now in Court Manual.
* Two items moved into Court Manual: Paper formatting requirements, Items taxable as costs.
* Other items relate to LBR & provide information that may be modified without requiring
the cumbersome LBR revision process. Examples are: (1) address for court & federal agencies;
(2) filing petition documents; (3) fee chart for Motions to reopen; (4) objection to claims;
(5) electronic filing, notice & service; (6) where/when to serve Judges with filed documents;
(7) obtain hearing date on Emergency motions or Order Shortening Time; (8) serving orders;
(9) using court forms; (10) chapter 13 procedures; and (11) Motions for Administrative Orders
pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 156(c).
* Chart at Section 1.4 of Court Manual indicates where provisions are found in Court Manual