AMENDMENT NUMBER 1
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES AGREEMENT
This is Amendment Number 1, dated as of September 15, 1997 to the Information Technology Services
Agreement (the "Agreement") dated as of June 1, 1996 between UNISYS CORPORATION ("Unisys") and
UNITED HEALTHCARE SERVICES, INC. ("UHS").
Section 3.18 of the Agreement provides that the Parties will jointly develop and implement a revised charge
process in accordance with Exhibit 31 of the Agreement which will result in charges based on the usage of
ACCORDINGLY, in consideration of the premises and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and
sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, Unisys and UHS hereby agree to amend Exhibit 31 of the
Agreement to incorporate the following additional provisions:
1. Rate Card. Attached hereto as Exhibit 31-1 is the rate card which sets forth the methodology by which UHS
will be assessed charges for Services provided by Unisys pursuant to the Agreement.
2. UNIX charges by system. Attached hereto as Exhibit 31-2 are schedules containing the charges for the initial
systems and systems added during 1996. The initial systems listed by serial number in Exhibit 2 of this contract
amendment replace those listed in Exhibit 6 of the Agreement.
3. Methodology. Attached hereto as Exhibit 31-3 is the methodology and description forming the basis for the
application of the Rate Card.
4. Effective Date. The rate card is effective January 1, 1997. Within 30 days of execution of this Amendment
Number 1, Unisys will provide to UHS retro-active rate card based invoices and credits to reverse prior Interim
5. IBM consumption based charges. Consumption based charges will be developed including prime and off-
prime rates. The rate card for these charges will have a structure similar to the Unisys rate card. The goal is to
have these charges be effective October 1, 1997. Should the rate card not be finalized by October 1, Unisys will