Binding Heads of Terms
1. Fox agrees to guarantee production through and including AI 10 and the terms of this deal apply to each
season beginning with AI5, Fox’s commitment to AI9 is subject to AI8 having a minimum average
Nielsen rating of 8.0 in the 18-49 category. Fox’s commitment to AI 10 is subject to AI9 having a
minimum average Nielsen rating of 8.0 in the 18-49 category.
2. Fox agrees to order a minimum of 37 hours and a maximum of 45 hours of AI programming each
season as long as all hours adhere to the established series format.
3. l9/FM will produce for Fox Reality Channel at Fox Reality Channel’s cost, two post AI shows per
week during the last 10 weeks of the season for broadcast on the Fox Reality Channel. 19/FM will
produce programming linked to Al for TV Guide Channel, at TV Guide Channel’s cost, it being agreed
that the production of mutually acceptable programming for TV Guide Channel is part of this Heads of
Terms. The lengths budget and nature of the programming shall be mutually approved, such approval not
to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
4. Internet — The official website will be americanidol.com which will be built and hosted by Fox on a
News Corp. portal to be agreed, at Fox’s expense. Fox will provide and control a rich content site
subject to mutual creative approvals. 19/FM has the right to offer premium services including non-show
footage and other items to the site in 19/FM’s reasonable good faith judgment. If there are legal,
technical or practical reasons to prevent the use of “americanidol.com” in relation to AI5 the parties will
agree to use “idolonfox.com” for A15.
5. Telephony - 19/FM will provide Fox the rights to wireless and can offer to third parties the content
described on the attached schedule.