City of Victoria
Festival / Celebration / Event
EQUIPMENT RENTAL REQUEST
Equipment Rental Guidelines
1. Rental fees have been established to provide sufficient revenue for the City to maintain the equipment (See Schedule
of Rates). The fee schedule reflects a substantial subsidy for events held within the City of Victoria. All groups must
pay the rental fees and damage deposits as outlined in schedule, for their category. Any request for additional
subsidy must be presented in writing to the Manager of Facilities & Operations, Recreation Services.
2. The first priority for allocation of all equipment is for events held within the City of Victoria boundaries. These priorities
are: (i) Festivals meeting mandatory criteria
(iii) Special Events
All requests must be made on attached form(s)
3. Requests for events outside of the City will not be confirmed until 30 days prior to date of event.
4. Renters must wait for confirmation as all requests may not be approved. Every effort will be made to advise
organizers of the status of their request as soon as possible, usually within 10 working days.
5. Renters are responsible for full replacement costs should the equipment not be returned in good working order.
Damage deposits are payable prior to receipt of all equipment. Separate cheques are requested for rental and
6. The Recreation Division will handle all administrative aspects of the application and equipment.
7. Renters will also be responsible for arranging security prior to, during and after the event, where equipment is left
overnight and/or until equipment is removed from the site.
8. Renters are required to supply any additional items required for set up such as weights and/or tie downs for tents.
9. The renter is responsible for making arrangements for pick up and return of the equipment to the location specified by
City staff. Groups renting t