by Sherry Titzer - http://www.atimetostitch.com
First!! Open the “Diaper Bag Supplies” text file for supplies & pattern instructions. Text files for diaper bags
include instructions for both magnetic snap and velcro closures. For 7” wide hoops, bag side designs are
combined to be made in just 1 hooping. For 7” wide hoops the top flap lining is added to flap while in the hoop
as well. (not shown in the instructions below)
Cut fabric & soft & stable to sizes indicated in the supplies list. Print and cut out the top flap and sides patterns on card
stock. You will also need an Elmer’s or Scotch glue stick..
1. Top Flap – On right side of solid fabric, rub glue stick on
edge of sides & bottom (no glue at top). Center print fabric
on top, iron to set. Mark center at top & bottom (7” sides).
2. On WRONG side of top flap lining, mark center at top &
bottom (7” sides). Center pattern on top with tops & center
marks even. Trace pattern outline and the triangles.
3. Center fusible interfacing inside triangles, iron to fuse.
4. Center pattern on top again and mark a small “cross”
inside small diamond cutout (for magnetic snap placement)
5. TOP FLAP - Stitch placement lines on stabilizer. Spray
stabilizer with temp adhesive spray. Center prepared fabric
(top edge not glued at top) inside the top & bottom of the
placement lines, center marks even. Stitch first outline.
Trim fabric from center to reveal fabric underneath.
6. Continue stitching design following instructions in text
files provided. Remove from hoop, trim stabilizer even with
top of flap & along border of design.
7. Center soft & stable under design piece. Center lining
(wrong side up) on top keeping tops & center marks even.
Pin together at sides & bottom.
8. Sew to flap ensemble together by stitching directly over
traced pattern outline. DO NOT stitch top closed.
9. Trim sides & bottom with pinking shears leaving a ¼”
seam allowance. Install snap through