The American Legion
THE PLAYER MUST:
•	 Attached a copy of your official high school transcript.
•	 Have graduated from high school.
•	 Be on 2010 roster - (American Legion national Baseball
registration form #1) that has been filed with national
•	 Be part of a team affiliated with an American Legion Post.
•	 Have three letters of testimony attached to application.
Age:	____		DOB:	________
Email	Address:	___________________________________
Phone#:	(												)	________________________________
Any Team manager or Head coach of an American Legion (Post
– affiliated) team may nominate one player for consideration of
his award. The scholarship application, letters of recommenda-
tion and certification form must be completed, postmarked and
mailed to the Department (state) Headquarters no later than
July 15, 2010. Three letters of testimony must be attached to the
Attach a one - page letter of recommendation from your:
(1) Legion coach or Team manager,
(2) American Legion Post commander or Adjutant
(3) community Leader, (i.e. teacher, minister, Scout leader,
church Leader, Principal)
Letters of recommendation are an important part of this
application and will be carefully reviewed by the selection
each Department (state) Baseball committee will select an
American Legion Player who best meets the qualifications as
the 2010 AmerIcAn LegIon BASeBALL ScHoLArSHIP
In 2009, The American Legion awarded $22,000 in scholarships
to deserving players. each Department Baseball committee
may select a player from their Department to receive this schol-
arship. The American Legion will award several sch