CCNA Exploration 1: Network
Fundamentals – Chapter 5 Exam
01. In an IPv4 environment, what information is used by the router to forward data
packets from one interface of a router to another?
destination network address
source network address
source MAC address
well known port destination address
02. What information is added during encapsulation at OSI Layer 3?
source and destination MAC
source and destination application protocol
source and destination port number
source and destination IP address
03. In a connectionless system, which of the following is correct?
The destination is contacted before a packet is sent.
The destination is not contacted before a packet is sent.
The destination sends an acknowledgement to the source that indicates the packet
The destination sends an acknowledgement to the source that requests the next
packet to be sent.
04. Which IP packet field will prevent endless loops?
05. Which portion of the network layer address does a router use to forward
Refer to the exhibit. Using the network in the exhibit, what would be the default
gateway address for host A in the 188.8.131.52 network?
07. If the default gateway is configured incorrectly on the host, what is the impact
The host is unable to communicate on the local network.
The host can communicate with other hosts on the local network, but is unable to
communicate with hosts on remote networks.
The host can communicate with other hosts on remote networks, but is unable to
communicate with hosts on the local network.
There is no impact on communications.
08. What is the purpose of a default gateway?
physically connects a computer to a network
provides a permanent address to a computer