Chicken Biryani Recipe
A tried and tested Gluten Free
Chicken Biryani Recipe which you
must try. Although it is made in olive
oil but trust me you won’t feel the
difference. I am breaking down the
steps so that it is easier to follow.
Requires half a day of margination
but less than an hour in cooking
time. This recipe can be served to
around 2-3 people at one time.
Gluten Free Dinner Chicken
Biryani Cooked In Olive Oil
For chicken margination :
• Onion: 2 thinly sliced, fried till golden brown.
• Chicken: 750 grams . Cut it into pieces.
• Yogurt: 1 cup
• Red chili powder: 1 tsp (other alternative is Kashmiri
mirch or paprika powder)
• Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
• Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
• Garam masala powder: 2 tsp
• Cinnamon stick: 1 small
• Cardamom: 2-3
• Salt to taste
• Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
• Coriander powder: 1 tsp
• Olive oil: 1 tsp
Mix everything well. Cover the container and keep it in
the refrigerator for 5 hours.
Make Sure Your Kitchen Has These Ingredients :
• Basmati long grain rice: 500 grams. Wash the
• Soak the rice in 2 cups of water.
• Add Cardamoms: 3-4
• Cinnamon stick: 2
• Bay leaf: 2
• Oil:1 teaspoon
• Garam Masala powder: 1/2 tsp
Cover the rice and leave it for 15-20 mins
• Golden brown thinly sliced fried onions: 2
• Mint leaves: a handful finely chopped
• Coriander leaves: finely chopped
• Ghee: 1 tbsp
• Warm milk: 2-3 tbsp
• Soak 8-10 strands of saffron
For cooking the chicken: 1 tbsp olive oil
Time to cook
Cook the chicken.
• Heat oil in a vessel.
• Add the marinated chicken when the oil gets
Stir well in the oil.
• Cover the chicken. Cook on low flame for 20-
25 mins. Stir occasionally.
• Remove the chicken from the heat when the
chicken is 80% done.
Cook the rice.
• Boil water in a vessel.
• Add rice along with all the cinnamon sticks,
bay leaves, etc to the boiling water.
• Cook rice till it is 80% done.
Layering: (Dum Cooking)
Biryani is ready to
serve now ☺