VICTOR VALLEY WASTEWATER
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by
employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Performs accounting duties for disbursement, receipts, payroll and journal entries with proper reasoning,
review and enter data, process transactions, maintain accounting records, analyze appropriateness of
entries, and prepare a draft of financial statements.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties
and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address
business needs and changing business practices.
1. Perform a variety of accounting activities including disbursements, receipts, payroll working with
an outside service provider, capital assets, inventory, journal entries, preparation of a draft for
financial statements per GAAP, purchasing, and budgets. Duties may vary according to job
2. Performs, maintains and processes payroll for all Authority employees, including timecard
corrections, insurance calculations, payroll tables, salary rates, deductions and various leave
3. Performs related payroll functions including balancing and reconciling payroll and time off reports
and deduction reports
4. Confers with Authority’s departments and individuals regarding changes in payroll status and
5. Provides technical information and instruction to departmental personnel regarding procedures
and methods involved in processing payroll
6. Provide accurate payroll reports, documents and related reports
7. Performs a variety of complex accounting duties within the Authority’s accounting system related