Concession Manager Job Description
• Create volunteer schedule. Teams should be scheduled when they have a home
game, but not during the game. Schedule two teams per shift (8:30-11:30 and
• Give a copy of the schedule to the director of volunteers for distribution and give
an electronic copy to the website manager for posting on the soccer web site.
• Clean out back room. Wash dishes and equipment.
• Test grill and make sure LP tanks are full.
• Determine menu and pricing for the season.
• Buy food and non-perishable items. Store frozen items in the freezer in the back
During the Season:
• At the beginning of the week, send an email reminder to team directors and
coaches whose teams will volunteer in the concession stand seeking two parents
• Make sure all food is purchased by Saturday a.m. and taken to the concession
• Set up cash box with $100 in cash. (3 $10’s, 6 $5’s, 20 $1’s, $10 in quarters)
• Get to the concession stand around 8:15 to set up. Coffee and cocoa should be set
up first, followed by hot dog maker (if using it).
• Assign a volunteer to handle referee payments. See director of referees about the
• Clean dishes and put food away. Keep in mind that there are mice in the back
room. I find it easiest to just bring the dirty dishes home for washing than doing it
at the stand.
• Wash counters and tables with hot soapy water.
• Make a list of needed items for the following week.
• Track expenses and income. I use a spreadsheet for this task.
• Clean out back room thoroughly. Wash all dishes and equipment. Make sure no
food or beverages are left in the room. Wash all tables and counters. Clean out
the freezer and unplug.
• Give expense/income report, receipts, and check for profits to club treasurer.