Service Repair Manual
C9 Industrial Engine
Product: INDUSTRIAL ENGINE
Model: C9.3 INDUSTRIAL ENGINE D9N
Configuration: C9 Industrial Engine D9N00001-UP
Disassembly and Assembly
C9.3 Industrial Engine
Media Number -KENR8164-02
Publication Date -01/11/2017
Date Updated -14/11/2017
Relief Valve (Fuel) - Remove and Install
SMCS - 1702-010-PV
A. Remove the exhaust sensor lines.
Contact with high pressure fuel may cause personal injury or death.
Wait 60 seconds after the engine has stopped to allow fuel pressure to
purge before any service or repair is performed on the engine fuel
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Contact with high pressure fuel may cause fluid penetration and burn
hazards. High pressure fuel spray may cause a fire hazard. Failure to
follow these inspection, maintenance and service instructions may cause
personal injury or death.
1. Turn the fuel supply to the OFF position.
2. Disconnect the battery. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Battery or Battery
Cable - Disconnect".
3. Remove all components in order to access to the wiring harness.
4. Loosen clamp assemblies (1) and remove hose (2) .
5. Disconnect fittings (3) and (7) .
6. Remove bolts (5) , (6) , and (8) and remove tube assembly (4) .