Terephthalic Acid Market
To Reach USD 78.01 Billion
www.reportsanddata.comThe global Terephthalic Acid Market is forecast to reach USD 78.01 Billion by 2027, according to a new
report by Reports and Data. Terephthalic acid is produced by chemical synthesis of crude oil.
Further key findings from the report suggest
• The electric and electronic industry is expected to contribute towards the growth of the Terephthalic Acid
owing to the expansion of the power grid globally. Rapid urbanization, coupled with rising incomes in
developing countries, is expected to impact the market growth.
• The packaging segment is expected to grow due to the rising demand for bottles and soft drinks. Terephthalic
acid is used in baked goods containers, ketchup, take-out containers, jars, frozen foods, household products,
juices, and carbonated drinks, bottled water, and cosmetics.
• The Amoco process is widely adopted for the production of Terephthalic acid by oxidation of p-xylene using
oxygen in the air. The process uses a cobalt-manganese-bromide catalyst.
• Polybutylene terephthalate is a thermoplastic engineering polymer that is used as an insulator in the electrical
and electronics industries. It is a thermoplastic crystalline polymer and a type of polyester.
Market Size – USD 48.48 Billion in 2018, Market Growth - CAGR of 5.4%, Market Trends – High demand
from the APAC region.
Manufacturing Process Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
• Amoco Process
• Multistage Oxidation
• Henkel Process
Derivative Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; Volume, Kilo Tons; 2016-2027)
• Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT)
• Dimethyl Terephthalate
• Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
• Polytrimethylene Terephthalate (PTT)
Sinopec Corporation, British Petroleum, SABIC, Reliance Industries Limited, Eastman Chemical Company,
Indorama Ventures Public Company, Indian Oil Corporation, JBF Petrochemicals, Mitsubishi Chemica