1/8/10 2:31 PM
Free Legal Forms
Page 1 of 2
It is highly recommended that you have a licensed attorney review any legal documents for which
you are searching in order to make sure that your needs are being properly and completely satisfied. If
you would like to receive free local legal assistance with a legal form or other legal needs, click here
for more information.
Application for variance.
Application No. _________
To the _________[Board of Zoning Appeals or Board of Adjustment or as the case may be]
A. Statement of Ownership and Interest.
1. The applicant(s), _________[name(s)], _________[is or are] the owner(s) of property situated at the following
2. The legal description of the property is as follows: _________.
3. The applicant(s) acquired the above-described property on _________[date].
4. The _________[applicant's or applicants'] telephone number is _________.
The _________[applicant requests or applicants request] the following variance(s):
1. Section(s) of Zoning Ordinance concerned: _________.
2. Description and purpose of use restriction(s) sought to be varied: _________[for example: (a) Reduction in front
setback requirements from 35 feet to 28 feet, and (b) increase in unit density for apartment buildings from 1000 square feet
to 300 square feet].
3. Statement of variance sought: _________[for example: To obtain a waiver of the uses permitted in residential zone
R-1 by permitting three-family occupancy of the subject property and to obtain a waiver of all provisions set forth in the
Denial of Certification or Building Permit as required to permit the proposed construction, as shown on the attached plan
drawn to scale].
C. Reasons for Request.
1. _________[State reasons in separately numbered paragraphs, for example: The strict application of the above-
referenced provisions of the Zoning Ordinance would result in practical difficulties or unnecessary hardship inconsistent
with the gener