Application of Bloom's Taxonomy to the Design of MCQs
Level 1: Knowledge
Examples of learning objectives at this level are: know common terms, know specific
facts, know methods and procedures, know basic concepts, know principles.
Which one of the following persons is the author of "Das Kapital"?
In the area of physical science, which one of the following definitions describes the term
1. The separation of electric charges by friction.
2. The ionization of atoms by high temperatures.
3. The interference of sound waves in a closed chamber.
4. The excitation of electrons by high frequency light.
5. The vibration of transverse waves in a single plane.
Level 2: Comprehension
Examples of learning objectives at this level are: understand facts and principles,
interpret verbal material, interpret charts and graphs, translate verbal material to
mathematical formulae, estimate the future consequences implied in data, justify
methods and procedures.
Which one of the following describes what takes place in the so-called PREPARATION stage
of the creative process, as applied to the solution of a particular problem?
1. The problem is identified and defined.
2. All available information about the problem is collected.
3. An attempt is made to see if the proposed solution to the problem is acceptable.
4. The person goes through some experience leading to a general idea of how the
problem can be solved.
5. The person sets the problem aside, and gets involved with some other unrelated
A pendulum consists of a sphere hanging from a string. What will happen to the period of the
pendulum if the mass of the sphere is doubled? (Assume that the effects of air friction and
the mass of the string are negligible, and that the sphere traces an arc of 20° in a plane as it
a. It will increase.
b. It will decrease.
c. It will remain unchanged.
d. More information is needed to determine what wi