OZARK R-VI SCHOOL DISTRICT
TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO DIRECTOR OF FEDERAL PROGRAMS
1. Demonstrated problem solving skills and mature and discreet judgment. .
2. Ability to get along with others and handle confidential matters.
3. Familiar with district policies and procedures
4. Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. Ability to organize, manage time and multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
7. Aptitude for financial tasks.
8. Computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
9. Personal transportation for work related errands.
9. High school diploma and minimum one year secretarial experience or any equivalent combination of education and
10. Must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the Board of Education.
REPORTS TO: Director of Federal Programs
JOB GOAL: To perform administrative assistant duties for the Director of Federal Programs and to serve in a support role for
the district Early Childhood Program (ECSE and Title I) and Parents as Teachers Program
1. Greet visitors, assess the nature of the visit and assist them directly or direct individual to appropriate person or resource.
2. Answer and screen incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of call and provides information directly or refers calls to
the proper person.
3. Compose/prepare correspondence, reports, memos, etc. Process mail and faxes informing Director of items needing
4. Track Director’s calendar.
5. Maintain student records for the early childhood program (Title I and ECSE) on SISK
6. Set up and maintain various filing systems such as purchase orders, packing slips, invoices, payment vouchers, policies
and procedures for the operation of the early childhood program (Title I and ECSE), Parents as Teachers, literacy initiatives,