1. The Grant. Alliant Techsystems Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), hereby grants to you, on
the terms and conditions set forth in this Performance Award Agreement (this “Agreement”) and in the Alliant
Techsystems Inc. 2005 Stock Incentive Plan (the “Plan”), a Performance Award as of the date, and for the
number of Shares (the “Performance Shares”), which the Company or its agent provided to you separately in
writing through an electronic notice and on-line award acceptance web page (the “Electronic Notice and On-
Line Award Acceptance”).
2. Measuring Period. The Measuring Period for purposes of determining whether the Company will pay you
the Performance Shares shall be fiscal years 2011 through 2013 .
3. Performance Goals. The Performance Goals for purposes of determining whether the Company will pay
you the Performance Shares are set forth in the Performance Accountability Chart, which the Company
provided to you separately in writing.
4. Payment . The Company will pay you the Performance Shares if and to the extent that the Performance
Goals are achieved, as set forth in the Performance Accountability Chart and as determined by the Personnel
and Compensation Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Committee”) in its sole discretion.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Committee has the discretion to adjust the payment level downward from
the level of performance actually achieved.
5. Form and Timing of Payment. The Company will pay you any shares payable pursuant to this Agreement
in shares of common stock of the Company (the “Shares”), with one Share issued for each Performance
Share earned. The Company will pay you the Performance Shares as soon as practicable after the Committee
determines, in its sole discretion, after the end of the Measuring Period, whether, and the extent to which, the
Performance Goals have been achieved, but in no event later than 2 ½ months after the end o