IN THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF VIRGINIA
THE APPLETREE COMPANIES, INC. Case No. 97-22597-SCS
TAX ID NO. 65-0205933 Chapter 11
ORDER APPROVING SALE OF STOCK
OF J.R. BASSETT OPTICAL. INC.
On November 18, 1999, The AppleTree Companies, Inc. ("AppleTree"), by counsel, for itself and its wholly
owned subsidiary Americas Foods, Inc., filed a Motion by Debtor for Authority to Sell Stock of J.R. Bassett
Optical, Inc. In the Motion, AppleTree requested authority to sell its interest in certain stock of J.R. Bassett
Optical (the "Stock"). Upon due and adequate notice of the proposed sale given to all creditors and parties in
interest pursuant to an order of this Court entered May 21, 1998, and upon no objection having been filed to
entry of this order nor a competing bid for the sale of the Stock having been submitted, the Court approves the
sale and further finds as follows:
1. Among the assets of AppleTree s bankruptcy estate is 28,367,500 shares of stock in J.R. Bassett Optical,
2. The Stock is owned free and clear of liens.
Frank J. Santoro, Esq. VSB #20259
Carolyn L. Camardo, Esq. VSB #23814
Marcus, Santoro, Kozak & Melvin, P.C.
355 Crawford Parkway, Suite 700
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Telephone (757) 393-2555
Facsimile (757) 399-6870
Counsel for The AppleTree Companies, Inc.
 Pursuant to an Order entered June 30, 1997, the cases of The AppleTree Companies, Inc. (Case No. 97-
22597-S), Americas Foods, Inc. (Case No. 97-22596-S) and Carriage Town Products, Inc. (Case No. 97-
23245-5) (in the aggregate "AppleTree") are jointly administered in Case No. 97-22597-S.
KOZAK& MELVIN, P.C.
ATTORNEYS AT LAW
Exhibit 98 - Pg. 1
3. The value of AppleTree s interest in the stock is unknown since the Stock has no market value.
4. AppleTree received an offer from Robert Williams ("Williams") to purchase the Stock for $10,000.00 cash.
5. All transactions costs for the s