CCNA Exploration 3 LAN Switching and
Wireless – Chapter 1 Exam
01. Which layer of the hierarchical network design model is refered to as the high-
speed backbone of the internetwork, where high availability and redundancy are
02. Which layer of the hierarchical design model provides a means of connecting
devices to the network and controlling which devices are allowed to communicate on
03. Which hierarchical design model layer controls the flow of network traffic using
policies and delineates broadcast domains by performing routing functions between
virtual LANs (VLANs)?
04. What is the likely impact of moving a conventional company architecture to a
completely converged network?
Local analog phone service can be completely outsourced to cost-effective
The Ethernet VLAN structure is less complex.
A shared infrastructure is created resulting in a single network to manage.
QoS issues are greatly reduced.
There is less bandwidth competition between voice and video streams.
05. Link aggregation should be implemented at which layer of the hierarchical
distribution and core
access and distribution
access, distribution, and core
06. What statement best describes a modular switch?
a slim-line chassis
allows interconnection of switches on redundant backplane
defined physical characteristics
07. Which feature supports higher throughput in switched networks by combining
multiple switch ports?
08. Configuring communication between devices on different VLANs requires the
use of which layer of the OSI model?
09. Which two characteristics are associated