1) A user types http://www.cisco.com into a web browser address textbox. What
does http://www.cisco.com represent?
* the IP address of a web server
a physical network address
the closest router interface to the source
the source IP address in the data transmission
2) What type of server would use IMAP?
3) Which type of server would most likely be used first by a network client in a
4) Which protocol is used by FTP to transfer files over the Internet?
5) Which protocols are TCP/IP application layer protocols? (Choose two.)
6) Which of the following are layers of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
* Network Access
7) You are creating a network-based video game. What influences your decision
about which transport protocol to use for the application?
* UDP will not disrupt the game to retransmit dropped packets.
TCP provides extra acknowledgements that will ensure smooth video delivery.
Both TCP and UDP can be used simultaneously to ensure speed and guaranteed
Both TCP and UDP may slow transmission and disrupt game operation, so no
transport protocol should be used.
8) Whenever e-mail clients send letters, what device is used to translate the
domain names into their associated IP addresses?
Uniform Resource Locator
Network redirector server
* DNS server
9) Which application is most likely used to translate http://www.cisco.com to
Refer to the graphic. Which protocol is used to access this website?
11) Which port number is used by SMTP?
12) Which protocol is used by e-mail servers to communicate with each other?