DIAZINON AG 500 INSECTICIDE
EPA REG. NO. 66222-9
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
READ ENTIRE LABEL AND PAMPHLET, USE STRICTLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH PRECAUTIONARY
STATEMENTS AND DIRECTIONS AND WITH APPLICABLE STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS.
FOR PROTECTION OF AQUATIC SPECIES IN COUNTIES AND PORTIONS OF
COUNTIES LOCATED IN THE SACRAMENTO AND SAN JOAQUIN VALLEYS
BELOW 1000 FEET ELEVATION FROM POTENTIAL CONTAMINATION IN
SURFACE WATERS OF DIAZINON APPLIED DURING THE DORMANT SPRAY
PERIOD, THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL LABEL REQUIREMENTS APPLY:
• Dormant applications on orchard crops are restricted to ground application equipment
• Do not apply within 100 feet upslope of “sensitive aquatic sites” such as any irrigation
ditch, drainage canal or body of water that may drain into a river or tributary unless a
suitable method is used to contain or divert runoff waters. Waters that are contained or
diverted must be held for a minimum of 72 hours before release into a sensitive aquatic
• Maintain a vegetative buffer strip a minimum of 10 feet wide from the edge of a field that
is adjacent to and within 100 feet of sensitive aquatic sites.
• Do not apply this product to orchards when soil moisture is at field capacity, and/or when
a storm event likely to produce runoff from the treated orchard is forecasted by
NOAA/NWS, (National Weather Service) to occur within 48 hours following application.
• Make dormant applications only when insect scouting information or the recommendation
of a Pest Control Advisor indicate treatment is required. (See UC IPM Guidelines for
San Jose Scale in stone fruits and almonds and aphids in stone fruits. Use the prune
dormant spur sampling program to determine need for a dormant treatment in that crop).
• Apply only when wind speed is 3- 10 mph at the application site as measured by an
anemometer outside of the orchard on the side neare