Discord is owned and was founded by Jason Citron, a long-time app and gaming platform mogul.
As a social gaming platform, OpenFeint revolutionized the way gamers communicated with one another, catching the attention of big names in the business, like GREE.
In 2011, GREE bought OpenFeint for over $100 million, giving Citron the funds to invest in a game development studio.
To know more about him visit https://www.thestockdork.com/discord-stock/
CAN YOU BUY
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
WHAT IS DISCORD?
Discord is a communication platform that’s becoming a staple for the gaming
community, businesses, and hobbyist circles across the globe.
WHY IS DISCORD SO
• Although gamers appreciate Discord for the ease of
grouping up and creating gamers-only platforms,
businesses also use the platform for meetings and
communications, incorporating it into their workflow.
• There are many reasons that countless communities
have adopted Discord, which include:
• Streamlined voice chat for communicating with a
team member or group
• Discord servers allow users to create private groups
and feeds (it’s like a private Twitter for teams
• The ability to post group updates or personal text
It’s a great tool to keep in touch with employees
CAN I BUY DISCORD
• Unfortunately, while Discord is making
seismic splashes in the world of
communication, it’s not open for trading.
• Discord is a private company and only
allows private companies and select
individuals to invest in it.
• So currently, you cannot buy or sell stocks
• However, Discord declined, leaving many
to believe that it would file for IPO status
In short, that means buying Discord
Stocks is a possibility — one that may hit
the market very soon.
WHO OWNS DISCORD?
• Discord is owned and was founded by
Jason Citron, a long-time app and gaming
• Citron gained his notoriety from the
development of the app OpenFeint.
• As a social gaming platform, OpenFeint
revolutionized the way gamers
communicated with one another, catching
the attention of big names in the
business, like GREE.
BUYING DISCORD STOCK VS WHY IS DISCORD SO
Because Discord is not currently
traded publicly, there is no stock
symbol. At the moment, Discord is
privately owned and only accepts
funding from private investors and
The reason why Discord sets itself
apart is due to a long list of
advanced features that ha