Woodland Centers, Inc.
(Revised July 2007)
STATEMENT of CORPORATE COMPLIANCE
Woodland Centers, Inc. is committed to conducting its business activities in an ethical and
forthright manner and within the letter and spirit of all applicable laws, standards, and
regulations. To achieve this commitment, Woodland Centers, Inc. has adopted a Code of
Ethics to help employees understand and recognize their ethical and legal responsibilities. In
addition, Woodland Centers, Inc. has developed policies and procedures relating to its
business operations. Collectively, the Code of Ethics and selected policies and procedures
from the agency Policy Manual form the Woodland Centers, Inc. Corporate Compliance Plan.
In addition, the Board of Directors has created a Compliance Committee which shall include
the following membership: Executive Director, Clinical Director, Fiscal Director,
Compliance Director, Manager of Human Resources, and Safety Officer. The Compliance
Committee is responsible for ensuring that:
• Woodland Centers, Inc. has established written policies and procedures addressing
the legal and ethical issues confronting WCI.
• The policies and procedures are updated annually and are effectively communicated
to all applicable groups through training programs, written communication including
memoranda and newsletters, staff meetings, and other appropriate means.
• Woodland Centers, Inc. takes all reasonable measures to hire, retain and promote
employees who comply with the law and WCI policies and procedures.
• Procedures have been established and implemented to monitor and audit compliance
with all applicable laws, standards, and regulations.
• Procedures are in place to allow employees to report violations of the law, the Code
of Ethics, or WCI policies and procedures without fear of retribution.
• Investigations of alleged violations are promptly and properly