PACIFIC CAPITAL BANCORP
STOCK OPTION AGREEMENT
This confirms the grant by Pacific Capital Bancorp (the “Company”) of a stock option to the Employee identified
herein (“Employee”) on the terms and conditions set forth below and of the 2002 Stock Plan, effective January 22,
2002 and amended July 21, 2004, September 19, 2005, and December 12, 2006 (the “Plan”), the terms of which are
1. Grant Date .
2. Number of Options . The number of options is specified on the Grant Summary section of the website.
3. Exercise Price . The Exercise Price is the closing price of Company stock on the Grant Date and is specified on
the Grant Summary section of this website.
4. Type of Option . For tax purposes, the Option is a Non-Qualified Stock Option.
5. Term of Option . The term of the Option will begin as of the date of grant set forth above and, unless sooner
terminated in accordance with the terms of the Plan, will expire on the 10-year anniversary of the grant date. The
specific termination date is specified on the Grant Summary section of this website.
6. Expiration . The Option is subject to termination prior to the expiration of the term of the Option set forth above in
the event of the termination of Employee’s employment with the Company or any of its subsidiaries or the occurrence
of certain other events specified in the Plan.
7. Exercise . Except as otherwise specifically provided in the Plan, the Option may not be exercised in whole or in
part prior to the expiration of twelve (12) months after the date of grant of the Option.
8. Vesting Schedule . Beginning on the date of grant of the Option and continuing until the Option has become fully
exercisable, the Employee’s interest in the Option shall vest on the Grant Date Anniversary and become exercisable
in accordance with the schedule indicated below:
9. Restriction on Transfer of Option . Except as otherwise specifically permitted in the Plan, Employee may not
transfer all or any portio