Star Lake Camp
Assistant Program Director
Salary - $2,800
A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a desire to share your faith with others
Minimum 25 years of age
College graduate and/or equivalent experience in camping; preferably at Star Lake
Two years of leadership in organized camping
Knowledge of group process and its relation to program implementation
Knowledge and experience in implementing and conducting a Christian Education program for
campers and staff
Current CPR and first aid certifications
Responsible To - Camp Director, directly supervised by the Program Director.
General Responsibilities - Assist in planning, directing, and supervising all camp programs and staff.
Involvement in the total camp program as a key leadership person functioning with a willingness to
assist in all areas, as needed, including dining room, campfire programs, children with problems,
2. Responsible for sharing with the Program Director all matters of concern relating to the total
welfare of the camp.
3. Assist the Program Director with supervision of personnel living in the Dining Hall Complexes,
rendering immediate crisis supervision with follow-up reporting to the appropriate supervisor.
4. Assist in conducting staff meetings.
1. Assist in defining and planning programs to reflect camp goals.
2. Assist in developing routines, schedules, and procedures for camp operation.
3. Monitor safety procedures in being responsible for health and safety conditions in the camp (i.e.
reporting accidents, maintenance problems, etc.).
4. Assist in the organization of camp life, activities and programs.
5. Assume the role of Program Director in his/her absence.
6. Organize, direct, and lead a Christian education program geared to the ages, abilities, and
activities of the campers.
7. Encourage bedtime devotional readings and/or discussions, assisting as needed