ARIZONA STATE BOARD OF NURSING (AZBN)
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR RN/LPN LICENSURE BY EXAMINATION
Arizona is a Compact State. If your Primary State of Residency is in another Compact State (AZ, AR, CO, DE, ID, IA, KY,
MD, ME, MS, NE, NH, NM, NC, ND, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI), you should not apply for licensure in AZ unless you
are declaring AZ as your Primary State of Residency. (See www.ncsbn.org for a list of Compact States.)
TWO APPLICATIONS TO COMPLETE
1. Application for RN / LPN Licensure by Examination
• Complete and mail to Arizona State Board of Nursing
2. NCLEX Registration
• Complete the NCLEX Registration online by going to www.pearsonvue.com OR by phone.
NOTE: Make sure your name and Social Security Number on both applications have exactly the same name and Social Security
Number that you have on the 2 forms of identification you will show when you take NCLEX.
CITIZENSHIP/NATIONALITY/ALIEN STATUS DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED: Federal law, 8 U.S.C. § 1641, and a
state law, A.R.S. § 1-501, require documentation of citizenship/nationality/alien status for licensure. If the documentation does not
demonstrate that the applicant is a United States citizen, national, or has alien status, the applicant will not be eligible for licensure in
Arizona. All applicants must submit documentation regarding their citizenship/nationality/alien status with their application. See
attached list A & B for specific documentation required. A copy of the documentation you submit must be on 8 ½ x 11 paper.
FEES – All fees submitted must be in US dollars and are not refundable.
• NOTE: THERE ARE TWO SEPARATE FEES – One for NCLEX Registration and the other for AZBN Application Fee.
If incorrect fees are submitted your check will be returned.
• The AZBN application fee is $300, plus the fingerprint fee of $50 for a total of $350. (If you paid the fingerprint fee to become a
CNA, LPN or RN within the past 2 years, you do not need to submit fingerprints or fingerprint fee again.) The license