OFFICE OF ACADEMIC LINKS
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong SAR
Tel : (852) 3163 4034 Fax : (852) 2603 5045 Email : email@example.com
CUHK International Summer School 2009
Guidance Notes on Student Visa Application
A. General Information:
Unless you have a HK Identity Card with the right of abode or right to land in Hong Kong, you require a
visa/entry permit to study in Hong Kong. While each application is determined on its individual merits, an
application should meet normal immigration requirements and the relevant specific eligibility criteria*
before you may be considered for the grant of a visa/entry permit.
* This entry arrangement does not apply to nationals of Afghanistan, Albania, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos,
Korea (Democratic Peoples’ Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam. If you are a citizen of one of the above
nations, please approach OAL (Office of Academic Links) immediately for further instructions.
1. Application forms:- An application form ID 995A - Application for Entry for Study in Hong Kong and
other related visa forms are included in the Welcome Package. Entire barcode at the bottom of each
page of the application form must be clearly shown on the printouts.
2. Sponsor in Hong Kong:- To apply for entry for study, you should nominate OAL CUHK as your local
sponsor by submitting a completed and signed Application for Student Visa Sponsorship form. We will
then complete the application form ID 995B - Application for Entry for Study (Sponsor) in Hong Kong for
your visa application.
3. Forms and Documents required:- Refer to the following checklist at Part C.
4. Submission of Application:- Your application should be submitted to the Office of Academic Links
(OAL). Please send the duly completed and signed forms along with the required documents to CUHK
International Summer School 2009, Office of Academic Links, Lady Ho Tung Hall, The Chinese University
of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong.