How to Apply for a MOP Loan
• Complete a “MOP-Qual” with the UCSB Faculty Housing Office.
• To qualify yourself online go to http://ucop.elliemae.net/calculators.asp
• Once our office has completed a “MOP Qual”, we will send your information to the UCSB Office of
Academic Personnel where the Associate Vice Chancellor, will review and provide the Faculty Housing Office
with an Eligibility Certification.
• Your Eligibility Certification will be sent to the UC Office of Loan Programs (OLP) in Oakland California. Upon
receipt, they will email you with a User ID and Password for access to the Apply Online website.
Please note: Your actual MOP Loan amount will be determined by the OLP underwriter. The “MOP-Qual” is not
a guarantee of your final loan amount. The application process has 3 steps.
Step 1 – Print out forms (except application), sign and FAX or mail to the OLP. (FAX is
Step 2 – Complete on-line loan application. (If you need to stop in the middle of your
application, please remember to write down your LOAN ID. You will need it to
complete your application.
Step 3 –FAX or mail all supporting documentation (refer to Borrower Checklist) to:
Office of Loan Programs
1111 Franklin Street, 6th Floor
Oakland, CA 94607-5200
Attn: Janis Vega
FAX: (510)287-3892 Phone: (510)987-9000
• The loan will be processed and underwritten in Oakland, California. You will be given the contact
information of your underwriter with OLP.
The OLP will need …
o 2 months pay stubs (or offer letter)
o 2 months savings/checking/investment account info.
o If employed with UCSB less than 2 years - previous 2 years W-2’s
o If previously self employed or rental property – 2 years tax returns
o If own other real estate – Copy of most recent mortgage statement
o If part of down payment is a gift – Gift verification letter
o Residency documentation – if applicable
o OLP will advise if additional supporting documentation is required