CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version
4.1) Chapter 3 With 100% Accurate Answers
1. Which two benefits can be gained by locating network equipment in a
telecommunications closet, rather than in a user area? (Choose two.)
faster communication speeds
**improved physical security
more resistant to hacker attempts
**centralized cable management
less electrical usage
2. Which three issues should be noted on the technician's site survey
report? (Choose three.)
only two power outlets per wall in each room
**poor physical security of network devices
horizontal cabling runs under 100 meters
**lack of UPS for critical devices
two users sharing the same computer
3. Which two types of cable are used for initial router configuration?
4. In addition to the inventory sheet, what other information about the hosts
and networking equipment should be documented by the on-site technician
while performing the site survey?
any obsolete office equipment being stored
all product keys for site license software
**any planned growth anticipated in the near future
the memory requirements for installed application software
5. Refer to the exhibit. What type of device is used to connect two
6. It is said that the goal for availability of a communications system is
"five-9s". What is meant by this?
A down time of .00001% is unacceptable.
**A network needs to be available 99.999% of the time.
Five percent of all network expense covers 99% of user requirements.
The most critical time for network availability is from 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. five
days a week.
The best time to do maintenance on a network is from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
five days a week.
7. What three things are included in a logical topology document? (Choose