In consideration for the Purchase Agreement dated August 31, 2005 between the Plum Mining
Company, LLC, a Nevada limited liability company (“Maker”), and Comstock Gold, LLC, a New York limited
liability company (“Holder”), Maker makes this Promissory Note (“Note”) and promises to pay to the order of
Holder, at 5 Ithaca Road, Candor, New York 13743, or at such other place as Holder may from time to time
designate in writing, the principal sum of One Hundred and Sixty Thousand Dollars ($160,000), together will all
authorized expenditures and additional sums provided for under this Note, in lawful money of the United States of
America, together with interest on so much of the principal sum as is from time to time outstanding at the rate
provided in this Note.
Gold Hill, Nevada
August 31, 2005
1. Maturity Date. The unpaid principal balance of this Note and all other payments due under this Note shall
be due and payable on or before March 31, 2008.
2. Interest Rate. No interest shall accrue on the principal balance of this Note.
3. Payments. Beginning on December 31, 2005, and on the last day of each succeeding calendar quarter until
the principal balance of this Note is paid in full, Maker shall pay to Holder the sum of Sixteen Thousand
Dollars ($16,000). Each payment shall be applied to the unpaid principal balance of this Note.
4. Default Interest; Late Charges. Any installment of principal not paid within ten (10) business days of the
due date shall draw interest from and after such due date at the default rate of interest, which shall be five
percent (5%) per annum until paid. If said payment is more than thirty (30) calendar days late, a late fee of
five percent of said payment shall apply.
5. Prepayment. There shall be no prepayment fee or charge if Maker elects to pay the principal balance due
under this Note.
6. Events of Default. At the option of the Holder, exercisable in