I, the undersigned, do hereby certify and represent that:
1. I am the duly elected Executive VP, Senior Business and Finance Officer of deCODE genetics, Inc., a
2. Pursuant to Rule 306(a) of Regulation S-T, the Power of Attorney, dated October 10, 2000, which is
attached as part of exhibit 10.53, to deCODE genetics, Inc.'s Annual Report on Form 10-K is a fair and
accurate English translation of a document prepared in the Icelandic language.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have signed this Officer's Certificate in my capacity as Executive VP, Senior
Business and Finance Officer of deCODE genetics, Inc. on this 15 day of March, 2001.
1. Islensk erfoagreining ehf., Lynghals 1, 110 Reykjavik, Iceland, an Icelandic private limited company,
hereinafter referred to as "PURCHASER", a subsidiary of deCODE genetics, Inc. ("deCODE") registered in
Delaware, USA, with a principle offices at Lynghals 1, 110 Reykjavik, for the purpose of this Agreement
represented by its sole board member Kari Stefansson;
2. KACE TRADERS LTD. a company under the laws of Cyprus, Arcimidous, 24A, Egkomi, D.C. 2411,
Nicosa, Cyprus, for the purpose of this Agreement represented by Gunnar Sturluson, hereinafter referred to as
3. THE "FOUNDERS". Mr. Einar Stefansson, Idno. 190552-2769, Fjaroarasi 13, 110 Reykjavik, and Mr.
Thorsteinn Loftsson, Idno. 010350-7519, Sorlaskjoli 44, 107 Reykjavik;
1. Vendor is the owner of 64.32% of the shares ('the sold Shares') in CYCLOPS EHF., Idno. 420394-2259,
the nominal value being ISK 338,000 a private limited liability company under Icelandic law, "THE
COMPANY", each share with a par value of 1 ISK. Nominal value of all outstanding shares of the company is
2. Purchaser wishes to purchase the sold Shares and Vendor wishes to sell the same;
3. Whereas the Company itself is the owner of shares of nominal value of ISK 11.983.
4. The "FOUNDERS" have enter