Covid vaccination Phase-II:
Check if you are eligible to get a
The second phase of India’s Covid-19 vaccination started on
Monday and the Co-WIN portal also started a self-registration
process for the 270 million people eligible for these shots. Under
this phase, people above 60 years of age – and those over 45 years
of age and with co-morbidities – are to be inoculated. The
registration portal could be accessed at
The government has issued a list of 20 specified co-morbidities to
determine the eligibility of people who can be administered a
vaccine shot on priority.
If someone is more than 45 years old and suffers from conditions
like diabetes or has suffered a heart attack in the past year, they
will be eligible to get a Covid-19 vaccine shot. Here’s the full list of
1. Heart failure with hospital admission in the past one year.
2. Post cardiac transplant/ Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD).
3. Significant left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF < 40%).
4. Moderate or severe valvular heart disease.
5. Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH.
6. Coronary artery disease with past CABG/ PTCA/ MI And
hypertension/diabetes on treatment. Read More