CITY OF CHELAN JOB DESCRIPTION
ASSISTANT PUBLIC WORKS CREW FOREMAN
Public Works Crew Foreman/Assistant Public Works Director
Meter Reader, Utility Workers, Seasonal Utility
ADOPTED/REVISED DATE: 4/27/00
SALARY GRADE: union
This person performs a number of support services for the Public Works Department including but not limited to
assisting the Public Works Crew Foreman, light and heavy equipment operation, supervising crew members.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promotes positive public relations
• Operates light and heavy equipment
• Maintains street, water, sewer and sanitation systems as assigned
• Assists Public Works Crew Foreman as instructed
• Performs Public Works Crew Foreman duties when that person is absent
• Performs meter reader duties when that person is absent
• Performs other related duties as needed.
Work is normally performed in an outside environment subject to weather conditions and exposure to a variety of
vehicles and equipment and confined spaces.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS FOR SUCCESS
• Knowledge of methods, means and materials to perform this position.
• Knowledge of use and maintenance of light and heavy equipment; trenching, shoring and other safety issues..
• Ability to perform strenuous labor activities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other agencies and the
• Knowledge of effective leadership skills.
Graduation from an accredited high school or General Education Development
Washington State Water distribution specialist - Grade I certification.
Flagging, traffic control, shoring certification.
Asbestos/Cement Pipe Work Certificate
Valid Washington State Drivers License with driving record free from serious or frequent violation.
Commercial Driver’s License