LOS ANGELES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
PERSONNEL UNIT – DIVISION OF ADULT AND CAREER EDUCATION
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT
Thank you for your interest in this probationary examination. Because your eligibility to
participate in this examination will be largely determined on the basis of the information
provided in the initial application procedure, it is essential that your application and the
supporting documents be complete and accurate in every respect. To assist you in this
matter, instructions for preparing the enclosed application are listed below. These
instructions are in addition to those contained in the examination announcement and on
the application form.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified from the examination process.
1. Type or print all information submitted on the application.
2. Complete all items on the application; if an item does not apply, the word “none”
should be indicated. Sign and date the application.
3. Check all requirements that apply (education, experience and credential)
carefully. DO NOT FILE an application if you do not meet all of the minimum
requirements as indicated in the announcement. When listing experience, include
all appropriate experience requirements.
NOTE: A service year of adult hourly rate teaching is one school year
(September 2007 – June 2008) during which an employee received salary
for 400 hours.
4. Submit a photocopy (both sides) of the California teaching credential you hold
which meets requirements for this examination (as described in the examination
announcement). The credential MUST accompany the application.
5. Submit verification of experience forms included in the application packet.
6. Submit verification of completion of professional development activities form
included in the application packet.
7. Return the completed application materials and other required documentation in
person, by school mail, or via U.S. mail. The mailing address is:
Los Angeles Unified