Bill No. 110 of 2010
THE DIRECT TAXES CODE, 2010
ARRANGEMENT OF CLAUSES
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
BASIS OF CHARGE
2. Liability to pay, and charge of, income-tax.
3. Scope of total income.
4. Residence in India.
5. Income deemed to accrue in India.
6. Income deemed to be received in the financial year.
7. Dividend income.
8. Total income to include income of any other person.
9. Income of individual to include income of spouse, minor child and others.
10. Income not included in the total income.
11. Persons, entity or funds not liable to income-tax.
COMPUTATION OF TOTAL INCOME
12. Computation of total income.
13. Classification of sources of income.
14. Computation of income from ordinary sources.
15 Computation of income from special sources.
16. Apportionment of income between spouses governed by Portuguese Civil Code.
17. Avoidance of double taxation.
18. Expenditure not to be allowed as deduction.
19. Amount not deductible where tax is not deducted at source.
II.—HEADS OF INCOME
A.—Income from employment
20. Income from employment.
21. Computation of income from employment.
22. Scope of gross salary.
23. Deductions from gross salary.
B.—Income from house property
24. Income from house property.
25. Computation of income from house property.
26. Scope of gross rent.
27. Deductions from gross rent.
28. Provision for advance rent received.
29. Provision for arrears of rent received.
C.—Income from business
30. Income from business.
31. Business when treated distinct and separate.
32. Computation of income from business.
33. Gross earnings.
34. Determination of business expenditure.
35. Determination of operating expenditure.
36. Determination of finance charges.
37. Determination of capital allowances.
38. Determination of depreciation.
39. Determination of initial depreciation.
40. Determination of terminal allowance.
41. Deduction for scientific research and development allowance.