REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Support Insulators, Front Engine
1. Remove the rubber overflow tube from the radiator coolant recovery reservoir (8A080) and detach it
from the fan shroud (8146) (where appropriate).
2. Remove the fan shroud attaching screws and lift the fan shroud back and drape it onto the fan blade
3. Support the engine (6007) using a wood block and a jack placed under the oil pan (6675).
4. Remove the nut and washer assemblies attaching front engine support insulators (6038) to front
engine support brackets (6028). Lift the engine sufficiently to disengage the front engine support
insulator upper stud from the front engine support brackets (6029).
5. Remove bolt attaching fuel pump shield (9A397) to left front engine support bracket, if required.
6. Remove front engine support insulator-to-front engine support mounting brackets (6031) attaching nut
and washer assembly. Remove front engine support mounting brackets assembly.
1. NOTE: For some applications it may be necessary to remove the front engine support
brackets to gain access to the lower stud nuts of the front engine support insulator.
Install the front engine support insulator to the front engine support mounting bracket. If front engine
support mounting bracket was removed, install it to the crossmember.
Install the bolt attaching fuel pump shield to left front engine support bracket, if required. Tighten to
3. Lower the engine until the insulator stud engages in the slot/hole of front engine support brackets.
Install attaching nuts and tighten to specification. Refer to the appropriate illustration for torque
4. Remove the jack and wood block from the engine oil pan.
5. Position the fan shroud to the radiator (8005) and install the attaching screws and tighten to
specifications. Refer to Section 03-03 for fan shroud torque specifications.
Install the radiator overflow hose (8075) to the radiator coolant recovery reservoir and attach i