Precast Box Culvert Advantages, Uses, and Designs
A culvert is a tunnel that includes a small rivulet or stream of water. It serves the purpose of a
bridge and makes sure that there is an easy and convenient passage of traffic. Wherever there
is a natural flow of water, culverts are put there as they act as a controller.
You can get in a wide array of shapes as well as sizes such as round, flat bottomed, elliptical,
box-like, and pear-shaped. They are so many factors on the basis of which they are categorized
like the height of roadway, upstream elevation, hydraulic, etc.
Mentioned below are some of the different types of culverts:
1. Concrete Box culvert (single as well as multiple)
2. Arch Culvert
3. Pipe culvert (single as well as multiple)
4. Pipe-Arch culvert (both single and multiple)
5. Metal box culvert
6. Bridge culvert
These days in place of circular concrete pipes, there is a huge use of precast box culverts. The
prime reason why they are used is that they can easily drain out a huge amount of water and
handle the water flow so much better than regular pipes. Precast box culverts are robust and
can handle immense pressure.
Mentioned below are some of the advantages of precast box culverts:
1. Easier installation- With precast box culverts, installation is not at all a hassle. They are
made in advance and whenever the need arises, they are put wherever they are
required. So, the process is simple and avoids any useless hassle. With other things
installation is a major issue.
2. Superior Strength- Precast box culverts can easily handle a huge force of water. They
are very strong and do not get spoilt even after a long time. Other products not only get
worn out due to high pressure, but they also are not suitable for draining too much
3. Consistency- Another benefit of precast concrete culverts is consistency. As these
culverts are made in advance and under strict supervision, the product does not have
any kind of inconsistency. The quality of concrete is good and i