Service Repair Manual
330D and 330D L Excavator
Model: 330D L EXCAVATOR EDX
Configuration: 330D & 330D L Excavators EDX00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C9 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
330D, 336D, 336D2, 340D and 340D2 Excavators and 336D MHPU Mobile Hydraulic
Power Unit Machine Systems
Media Number -RENR8648-30
Publication Date -01/03/2015
Date Updated -15/08/2018
Swing Drive - Assemble
SMCS - 5459-016
Tool Part Number Part Description Qty
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before assembly, all parts should be thoroughly cleaned
in cleaning fluid. Allow the parts to air dry. Wiping cloths or rags should not be used to dry parts.
Lint may be deposited on the parts which may cause later trouble. Inspect all parts. If any parts are
worn or damaged, use new parts for replacement.
1. Install lip seals (32) and O-ring seal (33) in bearing cage (29).
Note: Lubricate the seals and the seal surface of the shaft before you install the cage
2. Carefully install cage (29) on shaft (31).
3. Raise the temperature of bearing (36) to 135 °C (275 °F) and use two people to install the
bearing on shaft (31). The weight of bearing (36) is approximately 35 kg (77 lb).
4. Install spacer (35) on shaft assembly (31). Install the spacer with relief against bearing (36).
5. Raise the temperature of bearing (34) to 135 °C (275 °F). Install the bearing on shaft (31)
and against spacer (35).
6. Use Tooling (A) to install retaining ring (28) on shaft (31) and against bearing (34).