developing Microsoft .NET
applications for Windows (C# .NET)
This five-day, instructor-led course provides students with the skills required to build
Microsoft® Windows® Forms applications by using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
This course is a part of the Microsoft Visual C#™ .NET curriculum and is intended to
provide C# programmers with the skills required to create Windows Forms applications
by using the .NET Framework. The course will cover the major topics for Windows
client application programming on the .NET Framework. These topics include:
Windows Forms, GDI+, simple data access, interoperating with unmanaged code,
threading and asynchronous programming issues, simple remoting, Web access, Web
Services consumption, debugging, security, and deployment issues for desktop
• Intermediate programmers who are responsible for designing and building Windows
applications with the .NET Framework.
• Developers who have C# development skills.
benefits to you
Acquire the skills to build Microsoft® Windows® Forms applications by using the
Microsoft .NET Framework.
Students should the have:
• Experience with a .NET language such as Visual C# .NET or Microsoft Visual C++®
• Experience developing basic applications with MFC and/or Microsoft Visual Basic®
The following course is also recommended:
• Introduction to C# programming for the Microsoft .NET platform (H8350S,
MOC2124) or equivalent knowledge
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to:
• Create and populate Windows forms.
• Create multiple-document interface (MDI) applications.
• Use dialogs in Windows Forms applications.
• Validate user input in a Windows Forms application.
• Bind Windows Applications to various data sources using Microsoft ADO.NET.
• Call Win32® application programming interfaces (APIs) from a Windows Forms
• Debug a Windows Forms application.
• Incorporate accessibility features in a Windows Forms a