H10.00XM-12EC H12.00XM-12EC Europe [G019]
100 SRM 1349
This section has the removal and installation in-
structions for major assemblies attached to the
frame. The removal and installation procedures
for some assemblies are described in the following
• Operator’s Cab 100 SRM 1100
• Multiple Aligned Cooling System 700 SRM
• Planetary Drive Axle, (Wet System) 1400 SRM
• Planetary Drive Axle, (Dry System) 1400 SRM
• Steering System 1600 SRM 1365
• Hydraulic System 1900 SRM 938
• Masts and Carriages, Starting 2003 4000 SRM
Do not initiate repairs to the frame without
consulting a Hyster service representative or
damage to the lift truck may occur.
The frame is a weldment with mounts for the major
assemblies. See Figure 1. The mounts are designed
to keep the attaching parts in position and transfer
the normal forces acting on them.
1. TILT CYLINDER MOUNT
2. MAIN FRAME
3. MAST MOUNT
4. DRIVE AXLE MOUNT
5. SIDE TILTING CAB MOUNT
6. FUEL/HYDRAULIC TANK MOUNT
7. TRANSMISSION MOUNT
8. MAIN COUNTERWEIGHT MOUNT
9. STEER AXLE MOUNT
10. ENGINE MOUNT
11. MAIN CONTROL VALVE MOUNT
Figure 1. Frame
100 SRM 1349
1. Open the left- and right-hand hood.
2. Loosen the air duct clamp. See Figure 2.
3. Close the left- or right-hand hood to access the
4. Remove the precleaner, with the air duct at-
tached, from the air cleaner.
5. Disconnect the connector from the restriction in-
dicator by pressing the metal clip.
6. Remove the hose clamp from the air filter hose
and remove the hose from the air cleaner.
7. Remove the bolts of the two mounting clamps.
8. Rotate the air cleaner until the air duct connec-
tion is clear from the center of the hood opening
and remove the air cleaner to the right-hand side
of the truck.
9. Remove the retaining hardware from the mount-
ing clamps and remove the clamps and plate po-
sitioned under the hood.