City of Kenmore
Positions Supervised: None
$2,737 to $3,285/month
Performs a variety of highly responsible, confidential and complex administrative and secretarial duties for
City staff. Maintains confidential information. Assist with correspondence, maintain departmental files,
schedule meetings, prepare mailings, and potentially assist with development and maintenance of City’s
web page and newsletter.
Three years secretarial and/or administrative support experience. Two years customer service experience.
Experience with Windows-based word processing, spreadsheet, database, and desktop publishing software.
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet
deadlines, and handle interruptions. Ability to work independently and initiate activities related to
1. Provide administrative support to City staff, including correspondence, scheduling, and mail
2. Maintain departmental files.
3. Provide administrative support to other City Staff as directed by supervisor.
4. Complete special projects and other duties as directed by supervisor.
5. Compose and/or type from draft the Department Director’s correspondence within the time requested.
6. Maintain filing classification system for the department records, and establish a retention system for
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires frequent sitting, standing and occasional walking. The employee is occasionally
required to lift objects weighing up to 10 lb. and must infrequently lift more than 20 pounds or more. This
position frequently requires continuous hand and finger movement. This position frequently requires
visual acuity at 20 inches or less, and frequent hearing acuity for speech discrimination. The employee