1. I understand that my consent is necessary for this adoption.
2. The judge or referee of the court has fully explained to me that I do not have to sign this consent.
3. I consent to my adoption by
and I consent to taking the above permanently as my legal parent(s), as though parent(s) by birth.
4. I understand that I shall no longer be an heir of my former parent(s), whose rights have been terminated, except if this is a step-
parent adoption, in which case I remain an heir of my biological parent whose rights were terminated, and I also become an heir
of my adopting parent.
5. I agree that following adoption my name will be
The court made such investigation as it deemed necessary and after I fully explained to the adoptee the fact that s/he was
consenting to acquire permanently the adopting parents as legal parents as though the adoptee had been born to the adopting
parents, and to the termination of right to be an heir at law of his/her former parent(s) whose rights have been terminated.*
The adoptee then voluntarily signed this consent before me. A verbatim record of testimony was made.
*In adult adoptions, see current law in MCL 710.60.
In the matter of
PCA 307 (9/07) CONSENT TO ADOPTION BY ADOPTEE
CONSENT TO ADOPTION BY ADOPTEE
Do not write below this line - For court use only
STATE OF MICHIGAN
JUDICIAL CIRCUIT - FAMILY DIVISION
Full name of child
MCL 710.43, MCR 3.801
City, state, zip
JIS CODE: CAC