CORDAID – CHC
Project number 102382
HAVE AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
· CORDAID, a foundation registered under the Laws of the Netherlands and having its registered seat in
The Hague, The Netherlands (hereinafter called “CORDAID”), represented by Dr. Ir. D.J. de Morree,
Team Leader Latin America, Sector Entrepreneurship (hereinafter called “CORDAID”) and
· Coffee Holding Company (CHC) having its registered seat at 3475 Victory Boulevard, Staten Island,
New York, USA, legally represented by Mr. Andrew Gordon, President (hereinafter called the
· That CORDAID is a private, non-profit organisation that supports development projects of private
organisations in developing countries.
· That with respect to CORDAID’s support of these projects, CORDAID cooperates with the Dutch
Government, within the framework of the Dutch Co-Financing Program, and/or other funding agencies.
· That CORDAID makes investment capital available, on appropriate terms, to projects promoting the
self-reliance of the poor.
· That the Beneficiary being an importer and trader in an organic and FairTrade coffee, is willing to
consider pre-financing small coffee producers groups, particularly groups of female producers
· That the Beneficiary, CORDAID and the selected groups of small coffee producers will conclude
· That the Beneficiary has submitted a request for continuation of Cordaid’s guarantee to OPTCO, the
latter being merged with CHC while carrying out its plan for the period of 2009-2011 for the marketing
and sales of coffee from small coffee producers from countries from different continents, as explicitly
described in the OPTCO business plan presented to CORDAID.
General conditions and exemptions
· This Guarantee Agreement is subject to the terms and conditions as laid down in CORDAID’s General