Cushman and Wakefield
Bank of America Plaza
Electronic Tenant Handbook
Created on July 15, 2010
Building Amenities: City Club
The City Club is one of the oldest and most prestigious private clubs in the city of Dallas. Originally founded
in 1918, The Club ceased operations during the Depression and was reformed and officially chartered in
1941, taking up residence in the Baker Hotel.
Under the guidance of club president T.E. Jackson, The City Club prospered and attracted some of the most
prominent members of the Dallas Business community.
In 1951, The City Club moved to elegant quarters on the 25th and 26th floors of the Adolphus Hotel.
In 1968, The Club grew with Dallas, establishing a new home on the top floor of One Main Place. Then in
1988, the panoramic 69th floor of Bank of America Plaza became home to The City Club, providing
members with an ideal environment for business and social engagements.
In the finest tradition of the private club, The City Club has enjoyed a long-standing reputation in Dallas for
its high quality of membership and service. Membership activities abound, and the service and food are
exceptional. The City Club remains one of the most valuable and prestigious traditions in Dallas.
Board of Directors
The City Club is a member-owned Club served by a Board of Directors elected by the members. The Board
counsels management in all areas of Club operations, including membership, house rules, food and
beverage service and entertainment. The Board provides a vital link between Club management and the
Located high atop the Bank of America Plaza, one of the tallest buildings in the world, The City Club offers
the most spectacular view in Dallas. Inside, well-appointed quarters and tasteful décor provide the perfect
setting for lunch, dinner and private parties, as well as member sponsored events and social functions.
Meals are served in three areas of The Club:
The City Club can accommodate the following:
Breakfast:up to 300 persons
Luncheons:up to 100 persons