Hosted Buttons &
Button Manager API
are, reuse, an rem x s a
This presentation is available under Creative
Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
You can share this information with others.
Don’t forget to tag it eBay DevCon 09.
© 2009, eBay Inc. Some rights reserved.
eBay and the eBay logo are among the registered trademarks of eBay Inc. PayPal and the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal, Inc. Other
trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Wh t i W b it P
d d (WPS)
a s e s e aymen s an ar
• Allow sellers to process credit cards quickly
with no application process
ccep paymen s on we s e, app ca on or
• Buyers can pay without creating a PayPal
• Sellers can create an account after receiving
• Available in 190 countries and 19 currencies
u on ac ory
• Simple integration option
O l HTML di
co ng requ re
• Supports features like tax and shipping
calculation, inventory management, margin
analysis, discounts, etc.
d B tt
y ave u ons
Button Manager APIs
• The APIs offer all the functionality available in
the button factory UI
• Rich set of APIs to manage all the item details
at one place
Create B tton
• Update Button
S t I
e nven ory
• Get Inventory
• Button Search
• Get Button Details
• Manage Status
Create Button API (Method = ‘BMCreateButton’)
The API allows any WPS button to be created and returns code for either
hosted or non-hosted button as specified in the request. A successful response
includes HTML code generated for website and an email link.
Update Button API (Method = ‘BMUpdateButton’)
The API allows a hosted button to be updated and the response includes HTML
code generated for website and an email link.
Mini-Button Factory @ Hosting Provider
• Set Inventory API (M