WORK FOR HIRE AGREEMENT
1. ​Purpose​. This is an Agreement between ____________________ of
_________________________, hereinafter "Artist", normally doing business at
____________________________ and _____________________________ of
_________________________, hereinafter "Client", normally doing business at
2. ​Project​. Client commissions Artist to:
3. ​Payment​. Client will incrementally make requests for creative works.
Artist will determine time and cost then get approval to proceed. Artist will
submit draft quality proofs when done. Upon satisfactory completion, Client
shall pay Artist and Artist will verify payment. When payment is verified, the
Artist will provide full production quality versions and sources of the work
4. ​Copyright Ownership​.
a. ​Work for Hire​. The Works are considered work-for-hire under the United
States Copyright Act of 1976. All concepts, ideas, copy, sketches, art- work,
electronic files and other materials related to it will become the property of
Client. Artist acknowledges that the Works are being created by Artist for use
b. ​Back-up Assignment​. If any portion of the Artist's work is not the type of
work that can be a work for hire, then the Artist hereby assigns all copyright
and all other rights in the work to the Client. The Artist cannot revoke this
5. ​Original Work. ​Artist represents and warrants to Client that to the best of
his/her knowledge the concepts, ideas, copy sketches, artwork, electronic
files and other materials produced do not infringe on any copyright or
personal or proprietorial rights of others, and that he/she has the
unencumbered right to enter into this Agreement.
6. ​Independent Contractor​. Artist is an independent contractor, not an
employee. Client will not withhold any taxes.
7. ​Applicable Law​. The laws of the State of ___________________________
apply to this Agreement.
8. ​Disputes. ​Disputes will be settled by arbi