Becker/Big Lake Youth Hockey Board
• Voting Board Positions (elected)
• Appointed Positions
• Volunteer Positions
Document Version 1082007
(Voting Board Member) – Voted in by association members
General Description: The President shall be responsible for setting the long-term direction of the
association and implementing, monitoring, and evaluating all league functions. These functions include
performance management of board members and staff, fundraising, legal, publicity/marketing, treasury,
operations, and tournaments. Another key responsibility is planning and facilitating BBLYHA
• Good organization and verbal/written communication skills.
• Facilitation skills.
• General understanding of non-profit financial processes.
• A positive attitude towards BBLYHA, Board members, Coaches, Team Managers, Parents, and
• Ability to give constructive feedback.
• Experience in settling disputes.
• Flexible work hours to include evenings and weekends as required.
• Ability and willingness to attend many games.
• Hockey knowledge and experience in a youth hockey organization.
• Previous two-year term as a Board member (voting member).
• Personal computer with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• E-mail capability.
• Cellular phone or voice mail capability at residence.
• Must attend BBLYHA Board/membership meetings.
Time Needed for Position: This is a 24-month position that requires at least 10-12 hours weekly. During
certain times of the year, it may be more.
Specific Job Description:
• Preside over Board and membership meetings.
• Act as manager of all board members and tournament directors.
• Ensure proper insurance is obtained and indemnity clauses approved by District 10/USA Hockey.
• Sign ice contracts as necessary.
• Approve newsletters, web postings, board meeting agendas, and board minutes prior to distribution.
Insure proper budgets are developed and monitored.
• Conduct mo